We hope you are having a good December break and enjoyable festive season. For those of you celebrating Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas. Please be careful on the roads and travel safely if you are going away.
This is likely to be our last regular communication for 2017.
By way of update, please note as follows-
1) we are once again experiencing problems with the street lighting on Melrose Street and are working with City Power to rectify the situation. Various upgrades are in progress to restore the lighting. In the meantime, please exercise caution in the area at night.
2) our Councillor Dave Fisher together with City Parks is dealing with the rectification of a leak and pollution into the wetland in the bird sanctuary of the James and Ethel Gray Park. We hope that this will be resolved very soon. In the meantime, please exercise caution in the area.
3) Please pay your 2018 subscriptions and send us proof of payment to email@example.com. The amount is R650 for a house and R65 for a flat. Your support enables us to maintain our beautiful suburb.Banking Details for payment are: Standard Bank, Branch Code 00-42-05, Jan Smuts Ave, Account 000194824.Please insert name & street address as reference & email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) We encourage residents to contribute towards the year end collection for MB CAP which does such a great job in our area. Please endeavor to support MB CAP to recognize the excellent work they do.
5) There are a number of street lights out in the suburb from time to time. We are working with City Power in this regard. If you notice a light that is out, please take the number of the light which is printed on the pole itself and report it to City of Jhb on 011 375 5555 or on the City Power website (Fault Logging) by including the road and pole number.
6) We encourage you to report any potholes, damage to roads, missing signs or any other road related issues on the JRA FIND AND FIX APP which can be downloaded free.
Remember, if you see something say something.
Birdhaven Rate Payers Association