BIRDHAVEN RATEPAYERS’ ASSOCIATION
Monday 24 March 2014
Ground Floor, 2 North Road, Dunkeld West
||JC(P)||Dale Marsh||DM(P)||Annetta Bilchik||AB(P)|
||SC(A)||Melissa Carstens||MA[P]||Lucy Graham||LG(P)|
|Greg Roomer||GR(A)||Constance Smith||CS(A)||Ilana Nafte
GR, CS, SC
- FINALISATION OF THE AGENDA
- MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Signed off as a true reflection of the meeting
- MATTERS ARISING
Pridwin’s still awaiting confirmation Jo’burg parks re: their request / tender to manage Henderson Park. They have not been given
No word yet from Jo’burg Properties re the Bowling Club. Pridwin would like to convert the greens to ‘nipper’ fields and utilize the parking for sports events.
- COUNCILLOR JACK COOPER
- Roads – selective road renewal. Big budget allocated. Hoping our roads will be allocated some of that budget for upgrades.
- Land has been allocated to the recyclers. Fenced in land to store trolleys
- Muggings in park – AmDec and Liberty have merged – JC trying to revive the participation of AMdec in the management of the park.
- Mike Kletz wants to lease the park to open restaurant/ tea garden, running track, mashie course.
JaC to meet with him. BRA not in agreement with restaurant.
- LAND DEVELOPMENT
7.1 Erf 86 29 Greenacres
Building seems to be progressing.
7.2 Erf 15 Greenacres
Divide into 3 properties
BRA to object
7.3 Building Sites – Problems Encountered
- TREASURER’S REPORT SC
- PARKS AB / PC
- James & Ethel Grey Park [Melrose Arch]
- LG feels the toilets should be demolished.
- Place a questionaire in the Birdhaven Brief asking people what they would like to happen in the park.
- Fence at little playground fixed. Blue Living still to come back to PC re the gardening and cleaning of the little park.
- Meet the DA Counselor at the Park on Sunday 13 April from 14h00 to 17h30. People to bring dogs, children and have a picnic.
- Sandspruit Development PC
- Birdhaven Triangle
All are very impressed and happy with the Triangle Development. PC will write a letter to Ralph Chin thanking him.
- SECURITY GR
- Recent Incidents
GR sent apologies. Report to be attached
- Security Companies – Birdhaven
- MAINTENANCE OF SUBURB – Call Centre 011 375 5555 MC
11.1 Monitoring of the dump
11.3 Street lights
11.4 Water leaks
- COMMUNICATION PB
- NEXT MEETINGS