BIRDHAVEN RATEPAYERS’ ASSOCIATION
Monday 29 July 2014
Ground Floor, 2 North Road, Dunkeld West
Warm welcome to Beate Sullivan and all present
Jack Cooper, Shannon Castle, Greg Roomer,
- FINALISATION OF THE AGENDA
- MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Signed as a true reflection of the meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING
Squatter and Recycler Problem
- COUNCILLOR JACK COOPER
- LAND DEVELOPMENT
7.1 Erf 29 Greenacres
Belongs to Mrs Sweet who would like to remain in Birdhaven and plans to develop 3 properties and live in one. Against RSDF PC to lodge another objection by 24th July. Notification will again be to residents to lodge objections.
7.2 Erf 86 15 Greenacres
Property has been cleared. Plans have been signed off for additional 2 Houses.
7.3 Building Sites – Problems Encountered
- TREASURER’S REPORT SC
- PARKS AB / PC
9.1 James & Ethel Grey Park [Melrose Arch]
- 4 events in the park.
2 August – St Vincent’s colour run on Saturday morning
3 August – Old Ed’s Race through the suburb [no notification]
23 August – Holi Colours event at Wanderers
31 August – Wanderers Athletic Walk / Run
11 October – Pridwin Walk around the suburb
- Michael Kletz has put forward a proposal to develop tea garden, mashie course, run/walk track, soccer field. PC as well as Lewis Neuberger are totally opposed to it. Will become a commercial venture and about R15 000 000 will be spent on it.
- Sandspruit Development PC
- Birdhaven Triangle
Remove from Agenda
- Vagrants / Recyclers
- Pridwin has been denied the option to manage the Melrose Bowling Club.
- JHB Properties has put it out to tender and as yet no award has been made. PC has written 2 letters to JHB Properties who cannot make decisions and have dragged the process on for months.
- Clubhouse is being trashed by vagrants.
- Vagrants also appear to be moving from Henderson Park to James and Ethel.
- Vagrants are defecating the bottom of the park. LG says it is revolting.
- A Mr Shapiro from Tyrwhitt Ave contacted PC and is prepared donate money towards the cause. He would like to get involved.
- Park Rangers cleared out the vagrants 2 / 3 weeks ago – 3 truckloads of stuff was removed. The vagrants returned within 2 days.
- Green Scorpions have promised to take action within 3 weeks.
- Brad Serebro has requested that we send a lawyers letter to Re-made Recyclers
- Re-Made sells onto Sappi or Mondi and the chain continues …….
- Beate Sullivan will communicate with Re-made Recyclers and Brad Serebro. PC to forward all documentation to Beate.
THE PROBLEM IS HUGE AND VERY DIFFICULT TO SOLVE AS WE HAVE NO LAW ENFORCEMENT EFFECTIVELY BACKING ANY PLAN TO REMOVE THE SQUATTERS!!!
- SECURITY GR
- Recent Incidents
- Security Companies – Birdhaven
- MAINTENANCE OF SUBURB – Call Centre 011 375 5555 MC
11.1 Monitoring of the dump
11.3 Street lights
11.4 Water leaks
- COMMUNICATION PB
- NEXT MEETINGS
15 September, 6 October
3 November AGM – Bellavista booked