BIRDHAVEN RATEPAYERS’ ASSOCIATION
Monday 3 February 2014
Ground Floor, 2 North Road, Dunkeld West
Peter welcomed everybody back
Jack Cooper JaC, Constance Smith CS
- FINALISATION OF THE AGENDA
Agenda finalized and approved
- MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
GR approved minutes as a true reflection of the meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING
Doug Hunter has offered time and expertise to the Committee. An appropriate portfolio needs to be
allocated. Possibly handling of the recycling problem or/and park.
- COUNCILLOR JACK COOPER
- LAND DEVELOPMENT
- Erf 47 – 52 Ravenswood
Remove from Agenda
- Erf 106 – 43 Edgewood Ave – Sub division application for 6 Stands
Remove from Agenda
7.3 Erf 86 29 Greenacres
7.4 Building Sites – Problems Encountered
Tree on pavement on St Andrews Rd
- TREASURER’S REPORT SC
R130 000 in bank account. Consider closing Investec account. This was approved.
SC will send people who have paid a receipt.
SC suggested taking BRA digital. SC will investigate a website for BRA.
- PARKS AB / PC
9.1 James & Ethel Grey Park [Melrose Arch]
- PC suggested we offer replace the fence in the ‘little’ park. Committee agreed.
- Check if Blue Living is maintaining the little park.
- Investigate the possibility of employing a gardener / cleaner for the suburbs parks
- Melrose Bowling Club becoming a squatter camp. Pridwin have tendered to develop
it into 2 cricket fields.
- Sandspruit Development PC
- Birdhaven Triangle
Development has started and we are very excited.
- SECURITY GR
Going to have an assessment by 7 Arrows, Stallion and 3rd Company
See if we can make better use of our monies that we are paying every month.
Camera surveillance suggested for the area, possibly the biggest deterrent to crime. Chances of
prosecution are very high. GR to continue exploring the possibility of the camera system
Stallion’s foot patrols are ineffective
- Recent Incidents
- Security Companies – Birdhaven
- MAINTENANCE OF SUBURB – Call Centre 011 375 5555 MC
11.1 Monitoring of the dump
11.3 Street lights
11.4 Water leaks
- COMMUNICATION PB
160 email addresses but there are numerous that bounce back. Street captains to follow up on
JP Morgan Night Race – Thursday 6 March 2014
- NEXT MEETING
17 March 2014 – 18h00